Wow what a blast. So much so that it took me a week to process it! (ha, ok but true, things were crazy at work and I ran out of time/energy to do much more than work and ride last week. Life stuff, man..).
I went up on the Friday and my awesome friend picked me up at the ferry and we went to stay with my other equally amazing friend at her place in Vancouver. We prepared by having lunch, pre-drinking and then heading out to see the evening Friday lineup.
Sitting on friend’s shoulders at Chromeo!
We were NOT disappointed. Highlights include Chromeo (sooo fun!!) and Matt Mays. Wowza, he can rock! The Arkells were the headliner of the night and they were ok but to be honest I’m kind of spoiled now and I have seen them so many times it doesn’t feel as special anymore??
Things that were dumb about the festival- no food allowed in? WTF? So we of course snuck granola bars in, and then went to The Nam for a 1am dinner. It took FOREVER! I was falling asleep in my Dragon Bowl! Hahahahha.
We sat around in the apartment until like…2pm. We were tired. Plus my husband was meeting us, so we wanted to go down to Stanley Park with him. We hit up happy hour dtown when he came and it was pretty good! Then we bought some drinks for the road (walk) to Stanley Park and rocked out in the park. Standouts include…
- Metric – good but I don’t love her new stuff.
- St. Vincent- rocking it with a translucent pantsuit?? Wow.
- The War on Drugs- alt psychedelic rock. Slowjam, all smooth. Loved it!
- Headliners Florence + The Machines were so awesome. She seems just like the loveliest person!
Evening it rained on and off, but not enough to chill the mood! We went to pizza-by-the-slice at 12am or so, ha.
Sunday: We did NOT get up early, yet again. These late nights are killer, haha. Speaking of which, this was the lineup not to be missed!!! We did our usual get up late, play videogames, and then straggle downtown to happy hour (and it did NOT disappoint!) and the grab some drinks for the road for our walk to Stanley Park.
The lineup was incredible, just stacked:
- Whitehorse- great, but I wanted them to play a few songs that they didn’t! bummer.
- Greta Van Fleet- wow. these kids could rock!!
- The Bahamas- amazing. Just the chillest guy, and when he came onstage and was like, ok we’re going to have a chill time you guys…I was thinking- yesss this guy gets it!
- Mother Mother- Now I have seen these guys a few times and they’re always fun. Did not disappoint.
- Father John Misty- the only disappointing thing about his set? TOO short!
- The Killers- WOW. Brought the house down. Just a blast, all around!!
- Blue Rodeo- Only caught a few songs, because there were too many other good acts on at the same time- oh poor me eh? ha.
Night time, we went back and gorged on snacks at my friends apartment.
Hug from a spaceman.
A great time with great people.