We had a long-anticipated long (ha) weekend and boy, did we cram it full of things to do!
I even got up early-ish both Sat/Sun to be able to get stuff done. So what did we enjoy this weekend?
- Got up, had a great breakfast (pancakes!) courtesy of my husband, and then up and off to ride Oats. Great ride, someone left a bunch of jumps up to a reasonable height (small verticals) so we schooled those.
- Trimmed up his mane and then rushed home, to run my long run. It took forever.
- Got home, took Gidget for a walk, showered and rushed downtown to do a happy hour crawl with husband. It was GREAT!
- We started at Table 21 for $5 prosecco, (their food isn’t really great, and not a good deal), and then went to Perro Negro for their awesome $6 charcuterie platter and $4 glasses of wine, and then to Famous Original pizza for their fantastic pizza deal- can of PBR and a slice for $6. We got another slice each after that!!
- Get up early for my riding lesson with Karen Brain. It was tough to get up that early, but my friend was at the barn and brought me coffee!! Sweet!
- The lesson was awesome- I was really happy with Oats’ efforts, and minimal drama from him too. A focused and good lesson.
- Got dressed at the barn and ran hills on my way home. PHew. My legs were fried!
- Got home, and collected husband and Gidget and we went to check out Oak Bay for a change of pace. Grabbed some candy, bought raspberry hot chocolate and cruised around. We saw three otters swimming in a pack! So cute.
- Husband made a great shepherd’s pie for dinner. Yumm.
- No early mornings here! Waffles thanks to my husband, and we packed lunch to go hiking up Mt. Wells, near Goldstream.
- It was a good trail- I am not a skilled hiker, so I find it tough but it was quite fair. Lots of steep climbs though and great views to round out the experience. Gidget loved it! The weather was soooooo good. Cold, but sunny and so bright 🙂
- Ate sandwiches on our way to the barn after the hike, and a quiki ride on Oats. Some minor lateral work.
- Home, and the climbing gym for husband, and the couch and Baileys for me 🙂 Chores to round out the evening and some TV.
I LOVE long weekends!!