This weekend wasn’t all fun and games though…After our lovely getaway in Cumberland, complete with raging allergies that have given me a cold, we had to do some serious adulting. I’m talking boring, inescapable, chore type things. I don’t mind a good cleaning, or putting laundry away. This is the stuff that you put off as long as possible, like:
- Getting a new cellphone. Painful in my world. Takes FOREVER!
- Getting a hair cut. I have been putting this off for years now. Hate them!
- Buying items for a baby shower. Unsurpassed only by physically attending the baby shower. So far I have been unscathed but I do still buy items for the shower, I’m not a total heartless monster…
- Buying dog food, rabbit food, grain. Animals, why do you eat so much?! And why is my rabbit such a fussy eater, who hates the new stuff, or randomly decides he won’t eat his old food?!!
- Taxes and any financial documentation form-finding= life purgatory.
- Dentist appointments. Enough said.
- Doctor appointments. Doubly enough said.
- Going to the pharmacy for any reason. UGH!! Too many grabby-hands people driving me bananas.
- Home repair items. A five-year going nowhere plan in the making…
- Visiting Home Depot or Canadian Tire. Enough to make me want to burn my house down!!
- Car repairs. Possibly worse than Home Depot or Canadian Tire? Definitely seems to be more often and right now, more freaking expensive and frustrating. ARGHHH.
- Paying parking tickets. Particularly those stupid ones that say ‘resident parking only’ and you live on the street, for the love of god.
- Dog licences. Why why why?
- Horse Council Insurance. I get it, in the idealistic way of all insurances. But WTF.
- Home insurance: Why are condos more expensive than houses??
- Car insurance: Necessary evil. Emphasis on ‘EVIL’.
Wow, ok so I had a lot boiling up under my skin these days. Interesting.
Anyways, I’m also pleased to report that despite a lot of life frustrations at the moment (that really, everyone faces so what am I complaining about?), my dressage semi-private last night went SUPER well.
Oats is now learning how to say ‘yes ma’am’ and mean it!
Good pony boy. We had some really cool moments, and it was a fun lesson that felt really thorough and accessible. I’m getting to work more into Oats with lateral work (go us!) and we did some fun exercises on roundness, collecting the trot, building it back up again and such. We were significantly weaker in the canter for these exercises, but I’m assured that it is just something new we are learning and it will take time.
Nice to feel this type of progress, and I’m feeling more connected with Oats, and he is trying his little no-tail heart out!